Everyday scenario in 2020
Already the amount of "green" energy fed into the grid at Wildpoldsried in the Allgäu is as high as expected across the whole of Germany in 2020. To make the optimum and most efficient use of the green electricity fed into the grid, which of course fluctuates depending on weather conditions, cost-effective alternative methods of network operation and upgrading must be found. The community of Wildpoldsried boasts ideal credentials for simulating the energy scenario expected in 2020 under real-life conditions.
- In 2001 Wildpoldsried was awarded the Bayerische Landesstiftung Environmental Prize.
- In 2008 Wildpoldsried received the main cc.alps prize for exemplary climate protection.
- In 2009 it generated 3.5 times more energy than it consumed.
- In 2009 the community of Wildpoldsried was declared Climate Protection Community 2009 by the German environmental organization Umwelthilfe.
- In 2009 Wildpoldsried was awarded the German Solar Prize.
- Owing to the relatively high percentage of decentralized power generating capacity installed, this region mirrors the general scenario forecast for the whole of Germany in 2020.
For further information see: www.wildpoldsried.de